What are the uses and raw materials of plastic drums and their basic requirements?
A plastic bucket, which can be said to be a container, is a container for holding a liquid or a solid, but it cannot be said to be a pressure vessel because it has an open type and a closed type. Since you mentioned the plastic bucket, let's take a look at it so that it can be correctly distinguished from other containers.
A plastic bucket, which is summarized as a whole, refers to a container that is blow molded or injection molded from a plastic material such as polyethylene or polypropylene. It can be used in chemical, pesticide, pharmaceutical, food, electromechanical and hardware electronics. In these industries, it is used to hold liquids or solids, or as a liquid or solid outer packaging. In addition, it can also be used to pack some special dangerous goods. In terms of specification capacity, it is 0.25L-220L. If it is an open and close mouth and a 1000L plastic bucket, it can be used to hold items or carry out transportation turnover, which can reach 50 tons in barrel capacity.
1. The specific use of plastic barrels
Food packaging: sauce, oil, vinegar, seasoning, milk, lactic acid, etc.
Beverage packaging: wine, sake, fruit wine, mixed wine, juice, mineral water, etc.
Chemical packaging: fine chemicals, liquid fertilizers, pesticides, treatment agents, cleaning agents, etc.
Medical packaging: medical reagents, disinfectant, developer, styling solution, distilled water, etc.
2. Raw materials for the production of plastic drums
Polyethylene: referred to as PE, is a high molecular organic compound, and is non-toxic, tasteless and odorless, in line with food packaging hygiene standards.
Polyvinyl chloride: referred to as PVC, is a vinyl polymer.
Low-density polyethylene: referred to as LDPE, the specific gravity is 0.92-0.93, it can float in water and has low crystallinity, but the calendering performance is not very good, mainly used for packaging of food and daily chemicals.
High-density polyethylene: referred to as HDPE, the density is 0.941-0.965g/cm3, which is generally formed by low-pressure polymerization. Therefore, it can also be called low-pressure polyethylene. The color is milky white, but the surface gloss is not very good.
3. The barreling process and basic requirements of plastic barrels
The barreling process of the plastic barrel is: raw material preparation - blow molding - injection molding - demoulding and trimming - waste crushing - drying - assembly - final inspection into the warehouse.
The basic requirements for plastic drums are:
(1) The shape of the plastic bucket should be beautiful and elegant, and the inner and outer surfaces are smooth and there is no weld. In addition, it should be light in weight, good in strength, resistant to impact and corrosion, non-toxic and tasteless and easy to transport.
(2) To have a long service life, normal filling, transportation and loading and unloading, the material in the barrel has a long shelf life.
(3) It can be used for hot filling, but the temperature should not exceed 60 °C. When the hot filling operation is completed, it should be sufficiently cooled to reduce the temperature of the material to room temperature before closing the lid and stacking.